Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The woes of the painful, but enlightened period.

"What a great title!" you are telling yourself right now.  And yes, it is kind of brilliant, because you are also saying to yourself "whoa, Melissa is on her period...why would she tell me this?!" and "damn...now I know not to be thwarted by awesome blog titles...".

Well the point of this blog is that I realized today as I rushed myself through my office without anyone thinking "Man she's gotta pee something fierce!", is that compared to say a year or two ago, is that I am now longer sad about getting my period.

It wasn't that I was thinking I was pregnant every time, but that I was more like "I'm never going to get to have a baby!" or some whiny shitsomethingorother thought I used to have.  But I realize now, that it's okay and that I'm somewhat relieved to be getting my period these days.  Because I realize that there's a bigger picture out there for me and john...and for my uterus. 

This is going to sound selfish at first, but I'd rather get "Gutter Guards" for my house before we have some wee little ones running around sucking up all our monies!  Yep, sounds bad and kind of selfish.  But let me explain.  I want to get all the things out of the way because I know kids will be a huge financial commitment.  Who doesn't (other than the Octomom) get that?  So yes, get all the boring and to be honest, pivotal home items bought first, sit back and breathe and then decide to have those kids.

But that means the awesome things we come across for a nursery won't be things we have to disagree over when to get or leave behind.  We can do more as well for ourselves (dinners, small road trips, etc.)  We will fight less, stress less and be so much more thrilled than we already will be.

So not being pregnant right now or even next month or the month after that is actually cool with me.
Now if only I could get over the sensation of my uterus trying to break free from my vagina would I be a happier girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment