Sunday, July 15, 2012

An update...finally!  Sorry I have been overwhelmed by so much that the promise I made to myself has fallen way way way under the radar of my daily life. 

So here is the update:  We bought a house, last semester of school has started for me, I had to get a new internship ( a much better internship) and just last night our two turtles died (definitely, maybe...some of it being our fault.

So everything in that list above has been a very happy time for me and John.  The house is awesome.  I am keeping myself from not putting us back in debt trying to furnish it all.  I may want to do it all right away, but everyone keeps telling me "You have the rest of your life to get it all done".  Does anyone not know me?!  I am compulsive and irritable with an unfinished project.  I stress when things are not in their place.  But I remind my self to breathe and that John might divorce me/lock me up/go back and live with his parents if I keep at it like I was when we first moved in.

But the house is coming along beautifully and I hope it will all be more or less painted by the beginning of October.  We are thinking of having our house warming event for our families around the 13th/14th and I really want at least that done. 

But now the thing that is really getting me is that and this has to do with a few things 1) Fall, I always feel so great around this time as if this is the time the world is starting anew 2) Eli is getting to be so big and he's running around 3) We have a house...I am starting to ask John when we really can consider us trying to have a baby.  I tell him that even if I got pregnant right away I wouldn't have the baby until mid next year and even if we didn't right away...and so on and so on.  It just seems like the next logical step...

But John and I both agree that we just bought the house and we need time to let that at least ease off of our shoulders.  Which he is totally right about.  But I kind of wish he would catch baby fever and let me have a break from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment