Monday, July 30, 2012

Turns out I can effffing cook!!!

So I have been experimenting in the kitchen lately, the good non-meth making kind (unlike those in my home state of Missouri are fond of), by pulling out our cookbooks and being brave.  I have discovered what a great hobby this actually can be!  Not only does it take my time up and help me unwind at the end of a work day, but at the end of it I get to eat the fruit of my efforts.  And actually end up really enjoy all the hard work that goes into it.  It's not the same as say crafting or taking pictures but still just as satisfying and a lot more filling that eating a necklace you've just made....(my sense of humor alas cannot be improved upon)

My time being unemployed actually was really good for me in a lot of ways.  I was able to in a way re-prioritize what was important to me.  My husband, my home and myself.

With cooking, I find my methodical to-the-point-of-bitch kind of personality actually works well here.  John has never been as well fed by me and when I plan my menu out, we actual save money as well.  Plus it's a pride kind of thing for me as well. 

Here are the things I have made from scratch so far: Mac n' cheese, scones, cakes, non-bake healthy yum crispies ( my own name for these little clusters of awesomeness), multiple chicken dishes and zucchini pizza.

I hope to learn to make more and more dishes so that me and John lose a bit of weight, save money and that look of pride in his eyes at my culinary genius (or ability to read a cookbook properly) continues to grow!

*Sorry for the somewhat boring blog post...

No comments:

Post a Comment