Monday, July 25, 2011

Now For The Busy Part Of Our Lives

Here is the 2nd promised blog.

We put a contract down on a house!!

Perfect right? Yes and no. We did put a contract down, which was returned at lightening speed as accepted. Which is good and bad. Good in because, yippee a house, bad as now half of the house is packed up and I am as tense as a rod of bamboo. And all in all I have taken it out I believe on one person. My husband John. Sorry honey. So yes over the last week I have felt I have been a particularly bad wife.

But now we are waiting for the old owners to approve a 2nd contract, they had things they needed to fix before we get the house appraised and if we don't get the house appraised for the correct amount the bank will not approve what we need to get the house and we will have to start looking all over again and our apartment is already 1/2 packed up....you seen the conundrum we are in.

Kind of blows.

School starts in 4 weeks for me which I think I am nervous about as well. And the internship I hope goes well. My somewhat immediate job future kind of depends on it a bit. But again it doesn't. It's all weird and complicated. John's job also said that some of his department might get cut, but we won't know anything I think for another week or so. Which again ties into so much right now. The house and John having to find work again (Which I know he will, he is brilliant and hard working. A great combo.) Plus I do not want John to stress out about all of this. He carries so much already on his shoulders and feels like he doesn't need to worry me as well by all of it. He's a superhero without the tights and mask. My superhero.

But I guess I just don't care for all the "maybe" aspects of my life right now. I am a high strung individual who needs routine and stability to feel calm. And all of that is up in the air or packed away already in a box, I'm not sure which. Which kind of sucks because I never imagined myself as this kind of an adult. Funny and depressing how things kind of work out.

But I have to calm down, breathe and take John's hand in mine and know we will always be alright in the end as long as we remember each other. As I have told him many times, we don't break that easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment