Friday, July 1, 2011

Found money is the greatest thing ever...losing a $20 unfathomable

So yes I lost a $20 today and I became so pissed at myself. I think it was at the Starbucks in Des Peres. So if you found a $20 there, it is mine. And I want it back!!

So yesterday me, john, Eli, Mary and Robert- john's sister and brother in-law and Kayleigh, their daughter, all went to the Magic House and then to lunch. It was awesome. So much to see and do. And Eli behaved so excellently. No crying or fussing. The only time was when we a little bit overdue for lunch and a little in need for a nap.

But overall it was a great afternoon and it was great to hang out with Mary, Robert and Kayleigh. It gave me a bit of a taste on what it will one day be kind of like when we have our own kid.

But man was I exhausted, it's got to be my old age. Yikes. What will next year be like? I might have to put myself into an old age home.

But tomorrow I have the day off and we are going to go house hunting and all of our choices look great. So I am excited about it all. But I also have Sunday off and we might go look at 4 more. I don't know. But all I know is that I finally have a weekend in whilc I did not have to sign up and take off for. And no family, work or other obligations have come into play. So I am kind of looking forward to it without worrying about where I have to be and when I have to be there.

So Wednesday I have an interview (Thanks Jason Church!) for an internship as a production assistant at "The Point". I have not taken any real production classes yet (will be in the fall) and so I am going in kind of clueless but the gentlemen knows this and I told him I am willing to learn on my feet and this seems to be good enough for him. So I am excited, nervous and grateful for this chance. Plus it will give me experience that I will be able to use in the classroom, another "in" at Emmis and another chance to see all the great people and friends I made when I worked at Emmis back in '09.

So I am trying not to chew on my nails and keep my complexion clear and stress free. Awwww. Oh and I reserved the weekend for the 15th and 16th in October. But now I might have to change it due to a visit from the best uncles in the whole universe! So yes I will gladly change the dates around to make sure we get quality time with Uncle Mike and Bill. As I said, they are honestly the greatest uncles in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment