Monday, June 20, 2011

Apparently laziness did not get left in behind in my twenties...

So did I ever mention my absentee mind and resilient laziness? No. Well as you can see by my lack of blogging I am telling you the truth.

So I will play catch up with you (all the 2 people who read this) since the 15Th, I have turned 30 (I am still alive) and I woke up with a slight pang of panic but that was quickly dissolved by the receiving of birthday presents and cards. And then I spent the rest of the day by myself until I came home to John. When you have a birthday that falls in the middle of the week and you happen to have the day off, it is likely that everyone else you know is working. So I spent the day shopping and spending way too much money. I justified it by saying I was on a "Birthday High"

But I got at least 9 new things and then took out 9 old things from my closet. Out with old and in with the new. And then we went out for Indian food and to the waiting room where I pleasantly discovered you can make a shot of liquor taste like a sweet tart. Delicious!!

So I am thirty now and there is a lot that I need to do in this next year to get where I want to be in my 30's. I want to be pregnant by my 31st which means: degree, house, job and all these together equals= BABY.

I will blog about a baby way too much. John will read this and I am safely assuming panic just a bit. But I know it's not because he doesn't want to be a dad or anything like that. And I know it's not because he's afraid our lifestyle will change. It would be hard to give up our yearly visits to the riviera and my mink coat collection. But ehhh, easy peasy.
Okay back to this past week and the whole turning of the thirty thing. Saturday was my birthday party and safe to say it was the most awesome birthday I have ever had. I had a roller skating 80's themed birthday party, epic does not even begin to describe how I think it went. Some people came in costume, some did not. People mingled, visited, cut my rubix cube cake and got a Freddie Mercury poster among things for my presents. The best part though was really having my friends around. Some I have know for either or over half my life. That fact is amazing in itself.

The best costume of the night really was our friend Rob, who wore shorty shorts (he has been sworn of which to never do again) and a captain's hat. He was the generic villain from every skiing, vacation, sailing movie that was made in the 80's.

So with the dreaded 3-0 behind me the question is what to do with who I am now. I could use my turning 30 as a whole new opportunity to reinvent myself. Kind of like being forced into the witness protection program by the F.B.I. You have to move to Maine, become a librarian and are now named Sally. Nobody knows you and you can reinvent yourself as having lived a whole different life before. Interesting prospect, tempting prospect 9except the Sally name part of it). I always tell john we should run away to a city we've never been and become who we've always wanted to be before the world and all it's circumstances told us "no".
But nope, that is a no-go and we are here (not in Seattle) with the lives and names god gave us. So I am choosing to change what I can about what I can and tell the rest of it to go and suck it.

So I will end it here and try once more to promise myself I will blog everyday at least once a day.

2 comments:

  1. You wouldn't like Seattle. The whole Pacific Northwest has a spider problem. It's gross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birthday pictures or it didn't happen.

    ReplyDelete