Friday, June 10, 2011

Turning 30...So I am Going to Blog

So it is less than a week away from my being 30 and I thought I would be able to handle it. But like many other woman approaching 30 I was so foolish. Foolish indeed. I am looking at myself as too heavy, too unaccomplished and childless.
But as I also calm down and take a minute to look around, I realize I have a great life. I am one semester away from having my bachelor's degree, I am working at a media company (it is small and I'm not sure I will stay at it forever) and I am also a nanny for an adorable little boy (Eli). And I have a beyond amazing husband (John) that I will be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary with in October.
With all of these thoughts running through my head, I have to wonder why is there such a pressure for young(er) woman to feel like they have to have it all by the age of 30? Why the pressure to attain or feel like less of a woman or a contributing successful human being?
This next decade of my life is due to be great, no matter how I look at it. Me and John are looking for our first house right now, in the next year I plan on having my bachelor's degree and after that will open the door for children for us. Awesome. I know we are going to have gorgeous babies. Thick full headed haired babies. It makes me smile just thinking of it. And with the degree I will always be able to hold my head up high.
So with this blog will write about the house hunt (and the fighting that will follow), the last semester of school (and the crying and mass amounts of coffee that will follow) and definately my craziness for a baby ( and all the *insert emotion/verb* here). I would love if this blog became a big deal in the bloggisphere, but really maybe just an outlet if nothing else.
And I promise I will deter from above said topics to post on the mundane, the awesome and random. But that is more or less what comes out of my mouth on a daily basis so no harm/no foul.

2 comments:

  1. You should move by me. *nod* South County is where it's at, yo. The Lindbergh School District is AWESOME, I kid you not. We have everything that St. Charles has, but without the many cringe-worthy memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. St. Charles is awesome, yo. West Side is the Best Side. :-)

    ReplyDelete