Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A new B&B is to be found ASAP!

Yep, just yesterday my dream of staying at Irish Hollow in Galena, IL. was strong and vibrant in my mind. A celebration of our 5 year wedding anniversary just almost within reach....but then I called and found out what I thought would be $500 or so turned into....$1300.00!

I was in shock and disappointment in the fact that what was listed on the website may have changed because of October being one of their busiest times of year. So I then proceeded to eat my feelings of disappointment away. Chips, 2 cokes, a cheeseburger and a piece of french silk pie. Delicious but probably not the best thing. Why doesn't anyone exercise their feelings away by jazzercising instead?

So John, I am not sure if this was in a moment of pity, said that we could still go away for our anniversary. I would just need to find something a little less (gut wrenching) expensive. So I am on a mission tonight. I just have to straighten up the house a bit, work on some e-mails for work and then I will look a bit around on Internet to see what I can find. But I will be honest, I am still a bit down about IH. I have wanted to stay there since our 1st wedding anniversary. So it will be a little hard to let go of just yet.

1 comment: