Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A cradle list and bachelorette party

So what is a "cradle" list? Well first things first, it is not my idea, I got it from "How I Met Your Mother". I wish I did because it is a brilliant idea. It is a list of things to do before you decide to have a family. So far me and John have come up with: 1) go on a big trip just for us (which means to a place we have never been and where we don't have people to see or business to attend. A trip just for US.) 2) adopt a puppy 3) own a home....and so far that is it. I will add to my cradle list as I go on and things change. I think it is something all perspective parents should do, and even those already with one kid. I think it is still possible to do a lot of the things you wanted to accomplish or do before kids. Hell those with 12 kids should manage to do whatever it is that you need to feel fulfilled. You feel fulfilled, you would be a happier person and hence a better parent and partner to your spouse. Which is why I think we need to a few of these things before John knocks me up.

The second part of this entry is about a bachelorette party I am heading to tomorrow night. It is for my friend Haley. She is so excited to be marrying the love of her life Tom on Saturday. And we are happy to be there for it. But the bachelorette party is tomorrow night (which is an awkward night to try to plan an event it turns out). But all of her bridesmaids live out of town and so I volunteered to plan it for her (If anyone knows anything about me it is that I love to plan parties. I would plan my own baby shower one day if I could). So we are starting out with an early dinner (Eclipse), drinks (Absolutely Goosed) and ending (?) the night at the Jive and Wail (a piano bar). Who know what shenanigans we shall get up to in between it all. But I am stoked. I have bought lots of pretty things for Haley to announce she is the bride and get fawned all over with. Fawned, not manhandled. I am looking forward to it in the sense I did not have the absolute best time at my bachelorette party, even though my maid of honor Jessica tried her best and will be forever loved by all that she did for me and john during our wedding and all that lead up to it. So I will leave this person unnamed here, but half my night was spent listening to her problems about her relationship and chasing her around "Pop's" making sure she did not ruin that relationship by getting into way over her head with a stranger because she was not caring who was dragging her away into dark corners that night. I have felt that way about many events that were supposed to be mine or my night or mine and John's. So I will sure as hell protect and ensure Haley's night as best as I can. I will not be linking this to facebook just for the fact that freedom of expression is not a protected right in my family. Never has been, which is a huge shame. But again tomorrow shall be so much fun. I will be the DD and so I shall remember most of the night to be able to blog about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment