Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Tomorrow is the day

So the last two nights I forgot to blog and I said I would do this everyday. I am now realizing that might be easier said than done. So I make this promise, at least three to four times a week will I keep up this blog. And the thing which makes it ridiculous is I don't think I have that much going on that I shouldn't have missed those two nights. I always say this but I never do anything about it: I have horrible time management skills.
But back to the point of this entry, I am going to be 30 tomorrow and I am now waiting for the all the texts asking if I feel "old yet" or if I need any help crossing the street. But so far nothing yet. Am slightly relieved about that.
I think the hardest part about turning 30 is that I don't really think anything (other than my marriage) about me represents someone being 30. I have never felt my age, but have never felt young. I don't look, dress or act like I'm 30...so therefore I find myself lacking the 30 "vibe".
When I was younger and I looked at the adults in my life, it seemed that when you are 30 you were supposed to have it all together. You were married, had kids, had the house and had the job. I have one of those things. I feel like my perception of who I am is not measuring up to who I thought I would be by this time.
My inner 8 year-old must be pissed off at me seriously.
But then again I think about all the things that will happen in the next 10 years and I think that makes me more worried than turning the whole 30 tomorrow. Can I become everything I need to be in the next year? Or two? Or three? I graduate in the fall and am seriously lacking any leads into my field. That worries me more than anything else. With no job leads to no house which leads to no kids (we will have kids, it's just that I want to give them such an excellent start).
At least that is my way of thinking and I know I am over thinking it all, but fear is one of the strongest emotions out there for a reason.

1 comment:

  1. I always thought 30-year-olds and older had everything together. They were grown-ups and self-sufficient and made wise grown-up choices. I feel like such a freaking mess. I feel only slightly more capable of taking care of myself than I did as a high-schooler.

    ReplyDelete