Monday, June 27, 2011

The Wedding and The Abrupt Death of $50 Dollar Shoes...

The wedding was amazing. Simple and short ceremony and a bit of a break in between. Which during this I got an amazing burger and fries and my new just bought that day $50.00 dollars shoes were ruined. A piece of trash from john's car (a granola bar wrapper- sticky granola bar) got stuck on the side and left a residue of which I am not sure how to clean got on them.
I instantly got furious at john. Which I am sure was not completely warranted. Sorry hon.
I mean they were $50 bucks....now I know why I do not buy fifty dollar shoes.

But I am in pretty good spirits today. I found my lost flash drive from work under the bookcase next to my dresser. John's cat Tempe had knocked it off and under when she was playing with it. Somehow I knew she did something with it. This cat, adorable as she is, has dominated my bedroom and sometime dictates what occurs in it. Which is in itself embarrassing and really sad. But the good mood really comes from that the month of July starts in a few days which means October is getting closer and closer. And so is our 5 year wedding anniversary! Which we are celebrating by taking a few days of much needed relaxation and pampering and privacy at this great B&B in Galena, IL. I have wanted to stay in this place since our 1st wedding anniversary!! Even though I am the only one (look of miffed crossing my face right now) putting any money towards it, it has been $20 there or $50 here put aside since January). There will be a sweet sense of victory when John finds he is having a great time... Even though he has not shown any real enthusiasm yet I still think John will have a great time anyways (like I said sweet victory will be mine). Besides really when do men ever want to go to a B&B? Never, it's always done for their wives. I am not lost on this. Plus it will be just awesome to take a few days and just do exactly what we want when we want. The food is supposed to be amazing (5 star restaurant good) and the cottages in which you can stay look so beautiful and luxurious...I am so stoked. Hot cider and king beds, roaring fires and fall festivals...ahhhhh)

I was writing about a wedding wasn't I? Yikes. OK, back to point now. Haley and Tom's wedding was in a really neat glass factory and had lots to look at it when it came to items to buy that had been made there by different artists over time. But they were a definite look but not touch. It was one of the instances that if "you break you bought it" and then when you realized what you just spent on shards of glass, you would then pick up a particularly pointy one and do yourself in with it. They were that pricey. $300 for a plate or bowl....no thank you! But Tom and Haley were able to make something to commemorate the occasion which was unique and neat to watch. At first we thought they were making a bottle, then a vase and then it turned out it was a bowl. It was a pretty cool bowl (it may never get used but still a cool bowl).

The DJ was the only downside to the wedding. Did not really play anything decent till the end. He did play our wedding song though (I requested he do so) and me and John danced to that before he played more crappy music. And then finally he played something that got everyone left more or less out on the floor. Now Tom and Haley are off for 2 weeks in Hawaii and I am totally jealous, but hope they have the greatest time!

Sunday I worked for only about 5 hours, but it was hard to get up! It took us so long to get home after the wedding due to the heavy raining and storming. But we did, about 3 maybe when we went to bed. But I needed the little bit of cash to keep me tided over the next week, the rink is closed next weekend, which means a weekend off in which I did not have to sign up for, it's all mine! But that also means no cash coming in...which sucks since I wasted $50 on those damnable shoes! *Sorry Honey!*

Oh well. So I will live like a hermit week this week!

1 comment: